TravelAdriatic.NET has a wide range of Hvar accommodation at great rates to enable you to enjoy all the amazing and sunny city has to offer. Hvar is typical Mediterranean town with everything that town offers: tourist info center, bus station, ship port, beachfront villas, apartments, private accommodation, vibrant night life. Plan your holidays in Hvar, Croatia with Travel Adriatic.net portal. We are the ones who provide cheap Hvar accommodation.
Hvar, Croatia is a tourist resort with a centuries-long tradition. It is known for its pleasant and warm climate with plenty of sunshine, and very few rainy days. On average there are 2726 sun hours per year, and it reached its maximum in 2003 with 3053 hours. A nice convenience is the fact that from June till October the average monthly temperature of the sea is above 20C. Often the maximum temperature of the sea goes above 27C. Hvar offers various tourist facilities: hotels, apartments, pensions, camps, numerous sports courts, and renting requisites for water sports. If you are looking for cheap Hvar accommodation, locally run private accommodation can provide excellent value for money.
After a day spent on a beach, guests may visit one of many cultural events: concerts, performances, exhibitions, or outdoor movie theater in Veneranda. Various music and folk events go on throughout the city, and street entertainers try to draw attention of tourists. A road connects Hvar with all major towns on the island (Stari Grad, Vrbanj, Jelsa etc.). There is a ferry connection with Split, Rijeka, Zadar, Dubrovnik and the archipelago.
Night life offerings:
Historical monuments in Hvar:
- Veneranda Club Hvar
- Carpe Diem Hvar -
- Kiva bar Hvar
- Nautica bar Hvar
Excursions & trips:
- Fortica Fortress (spanjola) built on a hill above the old part of the town in the mid 1500'
- Cathedral of Hvar
- Theater of Hvar (and Arsenal), one of the first municipal theaters in Europe, established in 1612
- The Franciscan monastery established in 1461
The most important sport events in Hvar:
- Trip to 'Paklenski otoci' (Hell islands) - prettiest part of Hvar’s, if not the of whole Dalmatian riviera
- Excursion to 'Crvene Stijene' (Red rocks) - unusual and picturesque play of nature
- Marko's cave - the most important archaeological site on Hvar
- Trip to resorts on north side of the island
- Visiting untouched lagoons around Hvar
- Zdenko Roic Memorial - An international New Years regatta in categories "Laser" and "Optimist"
- Gariful Hvar open - An international tennis tournament for women, which is held in April
Use our Hvar accommodation list to make reservations online. Book holiday houses, apartments, rooms and luxury villas direct with the owners and save money.