TravelAdriatic.NET offers a wide range of hotels and apartments in Omis. Check out detailed descriptions, photos and the latest reviews for all apartments, hotels and villas. With numerous beaches, quality accommodation offer, Omis is the best place for peaceful vacation in Croatia. All the apartments and hotels in Omis have been checked out by ourselves and are known to be excellent accommodation in terms of value for money.
Omis, Croatia is a small central-Dalmatian town situated on the mouth of the Cetina river, 21 km south of Split, the largest town in Dalmatia. This small town has a long and interesting history. In this very small area, there is a wide variety of cultural and historical sights dating back from the 10th century. Nowadays, Omis and its surroundings are inclining towards tourism, and thanks to the nature surrounding it, it has an important place in Croatian tourism. All those wanting to escape from the city noise will find peace here, in nature and in the little fisher men's towns along the Riviera. And those who are looking for an active vacation will find a perfect place as well (rafting on Cetina River, free-climbing, paragliding, scuba diving, sailing, beach volleyball, tennis, etc.)
Things to see in Omis:
Best beaches in Omis, Croatia
- Mirabella Fortress
- Fortica Fortress
- Parish church of Saint Michael
- Franciscan monastery
- Church of Saint Peter
- Church of the Holy Ghost
- Church of Saint Roko
- Church of Saint Mary
- Church of Saint Luke
- Church of Saint George in Gradac
- Church of Saint Stephan in Borko
- Church of Our Lady of Mt.Carmel
- The Illyrian seminary
- Shrine of Saint Leopold Bogdan Mandic
- the City Museum of Omis
- Old cemetery of Omis
- Medieval town core
- Municipal Loggia with a pillory
- Public beach
Active Holidays in Omis:
- Brzet Beach - pebble beach with thick pine shadow. Beautiful sunsets and many bars and restaurants in the vicinity.
- Slavinj Beach - small pebble beach situated few hundred meters from the centre of Omis.
- Velika Plaza (The Big Beach) - 700 meters long sandy beach, ideal for small children and non-swimmers
- Trekking in countryside
- Canyoning on Cetina river - experience a real adventure in the canyon of the Cetina river
- Diving - there are many diving sites around Omis: shipwrecks, vertical walls, underwater river, ancient Roman amphorae
- rafting on Cetina river
Book apartments, holiday houses and rooms direct with the owners and save money.