Island of Dugi otok
The Island of Dugi Otok, which measures 5 kilometers wide and 50 kilometers long, is the largest island in the Zadar archipelago. Unlike most of the Croatian islands that are just a few kilometers away from one another, Dugi Otok Island is not included in the usual tourist routes. As such, it attracts people looking for a peaceful destination that offers the same untouched beaches and perfect climate as its neighboring islands. However, since the island of Dugi Otok has a central position in the Adriatic Sea, expect a Mediterranean climate that you wont find anywhere else in Dalmatia.
Excursions and attractions on island of Dugi Otok:
- Diving -The area offers a lot of beautiful positions for divers.
- The Lighthouse at Veli rat - 42 meters high lighthouse, locally named "Punta Bjanka" and apparently the one of the highest in Croatia
- Sakarun - long beach facing the open Adriatic sea. It is a beautiful cove of white sand, which gives the water turquoise color.
- Nature Park Telascica - nature park on the southeast coast of Dugi island, one of the most beautiful and largest Adriatic bays. In the Telascica Park you can find the Salt Lake "Mir" with the characteristic salt water, two or three degrees warmer than the water of the sea around. Only after 15 minutes easy hike above the lake "Mir", you can get to the edge of cliffs where you watch some entierly different scenery.
- Excursion to National Park Kornati - the densest archipelago in the Mediterranean. The archipelago consists of 150 islands and islets.
- Cave "Strasna Pec" - interesting tourist and historical destination, situated near Savar on Dugi otok. The first speological research took place in the 1900., when the cave was opened for tourists.
Dugi Otok island is a place trekkers will adore, as walking from one site to the next opens up to a new world. Some of the attractions in the Island of Dugi Otok include the lighthouse of Veli Rat, Saharuns white sand shore and the bay of Telascica, among others. The National Park of Kornati boasts 147 small islands with picturesque shores and peaceful atmosphere, while the Natural Park of Telascica features the 2-kilometer drainage area filled with lukewarm water and a high concentration of salt. Other tourist attractions on Dugi Otok island are located in Sali, Zaglav, Zman, Luka, Brbinj, Savar, Dragove, Bozava, Soline, Veli Rat and Verunic.
Island of Dugi otok - Apartments, Houses
Book now - online booking
Book now - other accommodation
Private accommodation - Island of Dugi otok
|Category || |
|Price ||71 – 83 € |
|Center ||0m |
|Beach ||200m |
Apartments are located in a excellent location surrounded by greenery, and near the city center. In front of the house parking lots are reserved for the guests. Sali has many restaurants offering fresh local produce and food. Good connections with other towns in Croatia: Zadar (20 Km), Primosten (72 Km), Starigrad (45 Km), Vodice (53 Km), Rab (96 Km). The international Zadar airport (23km away) has direct connections with all major European cities.
Tourist agency - Island of Dugi otok
Location & Driving directions
Island of Dugi otok - Towns in region