TravelAdriatic.NET brings you online bookings at the best selection of hotels and apartments in Cres. Cres is a peaceful little town, very comfortable for a quiet summer vacation in Croatia. TravelAdriatic.net - the definitive guide to Cres apartments, luxury villas and hotels.
Cres, Croatia is a major settlement and tourist resort on the island of Cres. The vast bay, surrounded by boulders, and historic core with an array of houses and villas give this place the very special splendor of a tourist island atmosphere. The coastline is well-indented and some 248 km long. It abounds in coves and pebble beaches along the western and southern part, while the northern and eastern parts are known for steep boulders. There is a prominent abundance of plants (some 1300 species) and animals, and a significant number of endemic species, which together represent a real challenge for nature lovers. There is also one of the very last habitats of griffon vulture, a very rare bird. Cres has a diving school with a long tradition, which includes all levels, from beginner to professional. Tennis, mini-golf, table-tennis, and water sports - sailing, surfing, and underwater fishing - are some of the sports offerings. Boat and yacht rentals are also possible in the town of Cres.
Culture sights in Cres:
Best bays and beaches around Cres:
- Three town gates, Bragadina, Marcela and the gate of Saint Mikulo from the 16th century
- A round, corner tower in the north western part of town
- The church of St. Isidor from the 12th century
- A number of Gothic, late Gothic and Renaissance churches, the most remarkable of them being the Church of Our Lady of Snow dating from the 16th century, with a tower bell from the 18th century
- Municipal Loggia with a pillory
- A Franciscan monastery from approximately 1300 with the Church of St. Francis from the 14th century, and a tower bell from the 18th century
- A Benedictine monastery for nuns from the 15th century
- The palace of the Patris family from the 15th century.
- Dražica bay with it's sunbathing half concrete beach
- Campsite Kovacine known for it's beautiful pebble and well equipped beach
- Blue Caves, situated underneath a small village Lubenice
- Gavza bay
- Hotel Kimen pebble beach, surrounded by pine trees
Use our accommodation list to make reservations online. Book apartments and villas direct with the owners and save money.