There are many wonderful tourist sights to see in Krk and great accommodation options, from hotels to private accommodation. Holiday rentals in Krk often have amazing views of the Adriatic Sea. Plan your summer vacation in Krk, Croatia with Travel Adriatic.net portal. We provide discount accommodation for travellers wishing to see the splendid attractions that Krk area has to offer.
The accommodation facilities (hotels, private accommodations, campsites, apartments), numerous beaches, water sports and boating facilities, excursions to the treasury of heritage - Kosljun, or the mystery and richness of the underwater life of the islet of Plavnik (corals), guarantee a warm welcome. Splendidissima civitas Curictarum - meaning "The most splendid town of the people of Krk" - is an inscription on an ancient tombstone from the 4th century. It is still as splendid as it used to be in ancient times. Krk, Croatia preserved its heritage and is proud to present it, unlike many other towns who, with the coming of the new age, lost some of their individuality racing for money. Nature, with the typical Mediterranean landscape, narrow streets leading to the numerous cultural monuments, and picturesque pebble beaches, provide Krk an image preserved for centuries. During the summer, many artists and ensembles come to Krk. The traditional festivities include the local festival in honor of Saint Quirinus, patron of the town (July 4th), and the Krk Summer Festival (July 16th - August 24th). Events take place on the stages of the cathedral, the atria of the Franciscan monasteries in Krk and Kosljun, and in the Frankopan Castle, as well as the Krk Fair (August 8th-10th).
Culture sights in Krk:
Best beaches in town of Krk, Croatia:
- Cathedral, originally a three-nave basilica from early Christian culture, dating from 5th-6th century
- Romanesque basilica of Saint Quirinus
- Our Lady of Health Church (13th century), a Romanesque basilica
- Kotter house (Romanesque windows, lion-shaped console)
- Dunat Beach, well known for its somewhat higher seawater temperature
- Politin Beach, situated in the naturist camp Politin
- Porporela Beach, situated in the very centre of the town of Krk
- Jezevac Beach, pebbly, sandy or paved beach
- Koralj Beach, situated in a romantic cove dominated by the Valamar Koralj Hotel
- Redagara Beach, situated in a quite, secluded cove
Online reservation for Krk hotels and apartments can be easily be done through our trusted Krk hotel providers.