Choose from a wide range of Biograd na moru apartments, hotels and villas, all with detailed descriptions, photos and customer reviews. Experience the true Mediterranean life on the Adriatic and enjoy the stories told by small town of Biograd na moru, rich in history and tradition. TravelAdriatic.NET offers you the best selection of apartments and villas in Biograd na moru at affordable prices.
Once upon a time the capital of Croatian kings, Biograd is nowadays a known tourist and nautical center, while at the same time the center of the Riviera by the same name. Biograd riviera is consisting of Petar na Moru (Peter on the Sea), Turanj, Sv. Filip i Jakov (Sts. Philip and James), Vrgada, Pakostane and Drage.
Biograd has the widest choice of accommodation, everything from private rooms, Biograd apartments, villas to large hotels. If you wanna be in the centre of things, find hotel in town of Biograd but you will pay a higher price there for both Biograd hotels, villas and private accommodation. If you want a quiet holiday, search for accommodation in pretty forested Pasman island.
Thanks to its position in the most indented part of the Croatian Adriatic coast, the area provides excellent opportunities for nautical tourism. In the close vicinity there are three national parks: Kornati, Paklenica and Krka, as well as Telascica Nature Park. The picturesque Pasman Channel with a series of small islands protects Biograd and its riviera from strong winds from the sea, which is an advantage for swimmers and boaters. From Biograd Croatia, there are excursions to Kornati, as well as excursions to the nearby Telascica Nature Park. Seven kilometers from Biograd, there is Vransko Lake, the largest lake in Croatia, rich in freshwater fish. Swimming in an exceptionally clear sea is possible only some 100 meters from the downtown, where pebble beaches and numerous facilities spread, in the shade of a centennial pine forest. For those who prefer solitude, we recommend the green islands in Pasman Channel.
Best beaches in Biograd:
- Crvena Luka beach, located 3 km from the center of Biograd
- Drazica beach, close to the center of town, near a dense pine tree forest
- Soline beach
- Kumenat beach
Festival and cultural events in Biograd:
- Archaeological collection of prehistoric, antique, and old-Croatian material, together with a collection of shiploads from the end of the 16th century in the Town Museum
- Parish church of Saint Anastasia, built in 1761
- church of St. Roko from the 16th century
- Franciscan convent of St. Dujam, founded in 14th century
- remains of the Benedictine convent of St. Toma
- festival of authentic food, drinks and gastronomic delicacies
- Biograd cultural summer
- Biograd summer games
- Dalmatian folk music festival
- Biograd night