Choose from a wide range of accommodation in Korcula, all with detailed descriptions, photos and customer reviews. Korcula is one of most popular tourist destination in Croatia and offers variety of accommodation from various lodging in private houses to luxury hotels and even hostels. TravelAdriatic.NET offers you the best selection of apartments and villas in Korcula at best rates.
The town of Korcula is a tourist center, as well as a cultural and a historical center, of Korcula island. It is one of the best preserved medieval towns in the Mediterranean. It is a city made of stone, known for a particularly good location in a strait of Peljesac. According to legend, Korcula is the hometown of the famous sailor Marco Polo. Aside from his family house, the tourists may visit Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance cultural heritage. A variety of tourist offerings includes hotels, luxury villas, apartments, rooms and a marina. Particularly mild climate, numerous sport courts, water sports facilities, excursions, and especially culture and entertainment (Moreska dance) make Korcula a very special destination. Moreska dance, originally from Spain, has been traditionally performed since the 15th century. It is a battle between the armies of a black and a white king. They fight over a princess robbed by the black king. After an intense fight with swords, and a dramatic dialog of seven warriors, the white king wins and frees the princess. Every year, Moreska dance is traditionally performed on July 27th, the day in honor of Saint Todor, but sometimes it is performed even more frequently throughout the tourist season. A county route connects Korcula to all the resorts on the island, and the ferry line connects it with the land (Korcula-Orebic). First-class offerings of local wines: Posip, Grk, Rukatac, Plavac, and gastronomic offer of fish specialties, make Korcula an island of wine.
Things to see in town of Korcula:
Best beaches around town of Korcula, Croatia:
- the Church of All Saints
- Gallery of Maksimilijan Vanka
- City Hall
- Church of Our Lady of the Snow
- the Cathedral of Saint Marco
- the family house of Marko Polo
- Kanavelic castle
- tower Zakerjan
- Prince's Small Palace and Prince's Big Palace
- Tower Revelin (South land gate)
- Banje - beach right in the center of Korcula Town, close to Hotel Marco Polo and Hotel Park
- Bacva - pebble beach about 13 km from Korcula Town and in near vicinity of village of Pupnat
- Luka Korculanska - crowded sandy beach, situated close to the center of town of Korcula
- Zakrjan - very popular rocky beach located on the eastern edge of the Old Town
- Badija island - you can find many excellent pebble beaches all over the Island. Badija is very popular among locals and tourists for day trips and picnics.
Book Korcula apartments, holiday houses and villas direct with the owners and save money. With so many Korcula hotels and apartments to choose from, you can be sure to find some amazing deals on budget accommodation rentals.